Have you thought of adding some variety to your pet’s diet? Ever wonder what the “other stuff” that we carry is, but never asked? Here are some great supplements you can add to your pets food to increase vitamin/mineral absorption, increase hydration, reduce inflammation, reduce free radicals & increase anti-oxidants, increase good bacterial growth & reduce yeast growth and more.
Level 1 – The Easy
These easy products only take 15 seconds to add to your pet’s daily meal but can potentially help aid in digestion, controlling candida (yeast), reduce inflammation, act as a natural antihistamine and hopefully add months/years to your fur baby’s life.
84% of the immune system is in the gut! So let’s build the good bacteria in the gut!
Ingredients: Fish stock, sardines, raw cultured whey, CelticSea Salt®.
- Full of collagen and minerals
- Fermented sardines creates a powerhouse of good bacteria and a biodiverse whole food source
- The stock is a healthy way to replace joint, fish oil, enzyme, probiotic, thyroid and kidney support supplements.
Ingredients: Raw goat’s milk, with added cultures (Lactococcus lactis and leuconostoc mesenteroides), raw honey, organic cinnamon.
- Completely raw, unpasteurized and from local farmers they know by name!
- High quality and quantity of naturally occurring probiotics and enzymes.
- Added culture to aid in the fermentation process which further enhances vitamin and mineral absorption and digestibility of the milk.
- Great for fussy eaters!
- Great for a liquid fast once a week.
Ingredients: Raw cow’s milk, dried Lactococcus lactis fermentation product, dried Lactococcus cremoris fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus bulgaricus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus kefir fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Leuconostoc cremoris fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus caucasicus fermentation product, liquid Saccromyces kefir fermentation product.
- Very similar to raw goat’s milk but with a different probiotic panel. A rotation of the two milks would be the ideal way to build up a variety of different beneficial probiotics in the gut!
- From Non-GMO grass fed Jersey cows!
Ingredients: Organic Kale, Organic Celery, Organic Spinach, Organic Zucchini, Organic Dandelions Greens, Organic Cucumber, Grass Fed Beef Broth, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Lemon, Organic Turmeric, Organic Ginger.
- All in one super supplement with organic and grass fed super foods!
- Reduce inflammation
- Increase fiber to aid in digestion
- Antioxidant dense supplement
- Coconut oil!
- Grass fed bee broth – naturally occurring glucosamine and chondroiton
Level 2 – Freeze Dried
Go raw without the raw inconvenience! “Freeze-drying works by freezing the material and then reducing the surrounding pressure to allow the frozen water in the material to sublime directly from the solid phase to the gas phase (wikipedia).” Once rehydrated, the freeze dried food is almost as nutritionally equivalent to its original form. Freeze dried food as a topper is great for picky dogs!
Read “Key Facts” under “Level 4 – Raw” – its the same product but this is freeze dried
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Necks, Chicken Gizzards, Organic Kale, Organic Carrots, Organic Squash, Chicken Livers, Organic Broccoli, Organic Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Montmorillonite Clay, Organic Parsley, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Salmon Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Quinoa Sprout Powder, Dried Organic Kelp, Alfalfa, Vitamin E Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (natural preservative).
Ingredients: Chicken With Ground Bone, Chicken Liver, Chicken Gizzard, Pumpkin Seed, Potassium Chloride, Organic Cranberries, Organic Spinach, Organic Broccoli, Organic Beets, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Organic Carrots, Organic Squash, Organic Apples, Organic Blueberries, Choline Chloride, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Taurine, Tocopherols (Preservative), Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement
Ingredients: Beef, beef tripe, beef lung, beef liver, ground beef bone, beef liver, beef heart, beef kidney, beef blood, beef fat, herring oil, mixed tocopherols, d-alpha tocopherol
Level 3 – Partially Cooked
Not ready to go completely raw? Then Partially cooked is perfect for you. The meat is cooked to the perfect temperature to kill all pathogens and the vegetables are ground up and broken down to help kick start the digestion cycle in your pet.
My Perfect Pet (Snuggles)
Ingredients: Chicken, Rice, Whole Potato, Cranberries, Chicken Liver, Tricalcium Phosphate, Fish Oil, Dried Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Chelate.
- 85% Protein from Chicken
- Fussy dog/cat approved!
- Easily digestible for sensitive stomachs
- Slightly lower pH and minerals than standard blends
- Rich in antioxidants to help boost immune systems
- Closest thing to feeding raw without the worry of pathogens.
Level 4 – Raw
Adding a little bit of raw is better than adding none at all. Raw meat is what our furry animals were created to eat. Their teeth are choppers and rippers not grinders, their stomaches are highly acidic and they have a short digestive tract to help digest the raw meat as quickly as possible. They do produce enzymes to break down starches but just because they can survive off of carbs, it doesn’t mean it their optimal diet. So add a little raw when you can!
Ingredients: Ground turkey with bone, turkey heart, turkey liver, herring oil, d-alpha tocopherol
- Completely raw – The ALPHA Prey-Model Diet™
- No added fruits/vegetables
- WHOLE meat + bones + organs
- Love this diet. Further recommend if you are going to be feeding raw and kibble.
Ingredients: Chicken meat, organs, ground bone, organic eggs, organic vegetables, fermented cod liver, butter, fermented decaffeinated green tea (kombucha) or raw goat milkwhey, Montmorillonite (natural trace minerals), organic parsley, sea salt, natural vitamin E supplement.
- GMO Free and 100% raw!
- Highest quality meat: 90% pasture raised meat, organ and bone
- A combination of some of the above fermented fish stock and fermented goat’s milk.
- Fermented vegetables for easy digestion and enhanced nutritional value.
- Ketogenic diet with a high fat content, moderate protein and low carbohydrate. A preferable diet for dog/cat with Cancer and epilepsy and other neurological illnesses. Read about Ketopet Sanctuary, a sanctuary that is curing cancer with nutrition!
Ingredients: Beef Hearts, Beef Livers, Ground Beef Bones, Organic Kale, Organic Carrots, Organic Squash, Organic Broccoli, Organic Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Montmorillonite Clay, Organic Parsley, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Salmon Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Quinoa Sprout Powder, Dried Organic Kelp, Alfalfa, Vitamin E Supplement.
- 77% meat and organs, 23% organic produce and supplements
- Organic produce for food-derived vitamins A, B-complex, C and D.
- Cold-water salmon oil for essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- Organic and unrefined nutritional supplements for digestion and circulation.
- Organic coconut oil for short and medium chain saturated fatty acids.